The board demands answers on cybersecurity. We discuss how executives can effectively respond to and collaborate with the board.
Boards have now recognized that their companies, and board members themselves, face operational, financial, legal, and reputational consequences if they fail to address cybersecurity risk. Now, boards are asking company executives to explain the company’s current state of readiness and a plan of action – presenting both a challenge and an opportunity.
Join us on July 11 in New York for an engaging discussion on how to meet the challenge of explaining cybersecurity to boards and leverage the conversation to empower company executives with focus and resources to address cybersecurity risks.
Challenging questions. Practical, insightful answers.
Topics will include:
- Board’s obligations and duties – why the board cares about cybersecurity
- Pregame – how to prepare for the conversation on cybersecurity
- Shark Tank time – what to expect in the boardroom
- Explaining the current state of cyber preparedness – what matters to the board
- Pitching solutions – what commitments to make and not to make
- The ask – resources and focus
- Keeping everyone vested in the outcome – collaborating with the board
- Allison Grande, Senior Reporter, Law360 Newswire
- Bill Leone, Head of Disputes, New York, Norton Rose Fulbright, former US Attorney for the State of Colorado
- Boris Segalis, Co-Head, Data Protection, Privacy and Cybersecurity, US, Norton Rose Fulbright
- Alex Yampolskiy, Co-Founder and CEO, Security Scorecard
Tuesday, July 11, 2017
- 5:00 pm – Registration
- 5:30 pm – Program
- 6:30 pm – Networking reception
Norton Rose Fulbright, 1301 Avenue of the Americas, New York, NY 10019
Click here to RSVP.
Continuing Legal Education:
We have applied for 1.0 hour of New York professional practice CLE credit.